Lenten devotionals, “Let Us Also Go” by Chris Bowman, are available in the Church Gathering Space and in the Education Building literature rack.
Would you like to become a member? Would you like to dedicate your child(ren)? To initiate a conversation, express your intent or to ask questions, contact: Pastors Chris, Jerry, or Kathryn, through the Church Office (620-241-1109).
Everyone is invited to join Offender/Victim Ministries for their Annual Dinner and Meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 25 at the d’Veers Family Center, Elbing. A traditional German buffet dinner will be served. Cost is $15 per person, paid at the door. RSVP (316-283-2038 or firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, February 18.
Mutual Kumquat will present a concert at 8 p.m. on Saturday, February 27, in Mingenback Theatre, McPherson College. Everyone is welcome.
The registration deadline for Western Plains District Women’s Retreat is Friday, March 4. The retreat is planned for Friday – Sunday, April 8-10, at Crosswind Conference Center, Hesston. Forms are available in the Church Gathering Space or on the district website (www.wpcob.org).
Western Plains District Men’s Retreat is planned for April 8 – 9; Friday dinner through Saturday mid-afternoon. The retreat will be held at the Heartland Center for Spirituality, located at a Dominican convent in Great Bend; a wonderful, spiritually-alive space where the resident sisters support us with prayer during the retreat. There will be singing, fellowship, eating, learning and worship. Beyond the program, much of the value of the retreat is developing relationships with other men from our district, and there are some great guys out there! This year the men from the McPherson congregation are hosting and we sincerely invite you to come along. Brochures with more details are available in the Church Gathering Space. Registration deadline – Monday, March 21.
2016 FINANCIAL INFORMATION
January January Year-to-Date
Offerings/Pledges: $27,824.88 Offerings/Pledges: $27,824.88
Expenses: (34,894.29) Expenses: (34,894.29)
Net Surplus (Deficit): (7,069.41) Net Surplus (Deficit): (7,069.41)
In the event of inclement weather:
listen to local radio KBBE 96.7
watch rolling banner on bottom of screen on TV Channel 12
check KWCH Channel 12 website CLOSED list and the church Facebook page
When personnel can get to the office, an All Church Email will be sent.
JANUARY LEADERSHIP TEAM UPDATE
We began our January meeting with this quote, “The hunter who chases two rabbits catches neither.” It has become clear that we are working on so many projects that at times we may need to slow down and focus on one in order to bring it to fruition. This is the case with the outreach budget. Following the congregational forum sharing, we have continued to process this topic specifically in regards to our entire budget. The Outreach Team, along with the Stewardship of Finance Team, will be presenting information at the March Congregational Forum about our outreach budget and efforts. I look forward to this process as it has bigger implications for other topics and discussion in the future.
- The end of the year budget status was a highlight as we ended up in the black and our balancing efforts were the results of a large number of smaller gifts instead of two or three major ones.
- We have approved new procedures for District and Annual Conference reimbursements for our delegates. To help in our budget planning, we will be setting limits on travel, meal, and lodging expenses, based on the location of these events.
- The evaluation process for all our employees has been approved and the process has been worked out with the Personnel Team and our employees:
○ Chris Whitacre
○ Kathryn Whitacre
○ Jerry Bowen
○ Janice Friesen
○ Ellen Gilbert
○ Kendra Flory
○ Josh Norris
○ Carolyn Masterson
○ Jina Dickerson
○ LaMonte Rothrock
○ Rick Schrag
- We will be posting job descriptions of all staff for the congregation to see in the spring. Many congregational members are not aware of what each person is being asked to do.
- We revisited the constitution and bylaws to make sure we are in compliance with them, and if we are not, what are the plans are to address them?
As always, thanks for being part of this vibrant community. If you have questions, please contact me (email@example.com).
LaMonte Rothrock, Leadership Team Chair